The Chiesa di San Pantaleone Martire, known as San Pantalon in the Venetian dialect, is a church in the Dorsoduro sestiere of Venice, Italy. It is located on the Campo San Pantalon , and is dedicated to Saint Pantaleon.
The 17th-century Chiesa di San Pantalon is a parish church of the Vicariate of San Polo-Santa Croce-Dorsoduro.
The church of Santa Maria Assunta, known as I Gesuiti, is a religious building in Venice, northern Italy. It is located in the sestiere of Cannaregio, in Campo dei Gesuiti, not far from the Fondamenta Nuove.
The Chiesa dell'Angelo Raffaele is a church in Venice, northern Italy, located in the Dorsoduro sestiere. San Raffaele Arcangelo church is one of the only two churches in Venice that are possible to walk all around. It is located in Dorsoduro neighbourhood, close to San Basilio water bus stop.
The Chiesa di Santa Maria del Giglio is a church in Venice, Italy.
The church, whose name translates into St. Mary of the Lily referring to the flower classically depicted as being presented by the Angel Gabriel during the Annunciation), is more commonly known as Santa Maria Zobenigo after the Jubanico family who founded it in the 9th century. The edifice is situated on the Campo Santa Maria Zobenigo, west of the Piazza San Marco. It was rebuilt by Giuseppe Sardi for Admiral Antonio Barbaro between 1678 and 1681 and has one of the finest Venetian Baroque facades in all of Venice. The church is now part of the parish of San Moisè.
The Chiesa del Santissimo Redentore , commonly known as Il Redentore, is a 16th-century Roman Catholic church located on Giudecca in the sestiere of Dorsoduro, in the city of Venice, Italy.
It was designed by Italian Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio and built as a votive church to thank God for the deliverance of the city from a major outbreak of the plague. Located on the waterfront of the Canale della Giudecca, it dominates the skyline of the island of Giudecca. It is a member of the Chorus Association of Venetian churches and contains a number of paintings by artists including Tintoretto, Paolo Veronese and Francesco Bassano.
The Chiesa di San Giacomo dall'Orio is a church located in the sestiere of Santa Croce in Venice, northern Italy.
The origin of the church's name is unknown. Possibilities include being named after a laurel that once stood nearby, a version of dal Rio , or once standing on an area of dried-up swamp . It was founded in the 9th century and rebuilt in 1225. The campanile dates from this period. There have been a number of rebuildings since that time and the ship's keel roof dates from the 14th century. Two of the columns were brought back from the Fourth Crusade, after the sacking of Constantinople.
San Giacomo dall'Orio is a parish church of the Vicariate of San Polo-Santa Croce-Dorsoduro. The other churches in the parish are the churches of San Stae and San Zan Degolà.
San Giacomo dell'Orio was the parish church of the painter Giambattista Pittoni who was buried there in 1767.
San Stae is a church in central Venice, in the sestiere of Santa Croce.
San Stae, an abbreviation for Saint Eustachius, was founded at the beginning of the 11th century and reconstructed in the 17th century, and has a main facade on the Grand Canal of Venice, constructed by Domenico Rossi, and richly decorated with statuary by Giuseppe Torretto, Antonio Tarsia, Pietro Baratta, and Antonio Corradini.
The interior has a tomb for the Mocenigo family. The right wall contains altars with works by Niccolò Bambini, Giuseppe Camerata, and Antonio Balestra. The three chapels on the left house works by Giuseppe Torretto, Pietro Baratta, Francesco Migliori, and Jacopo Amigoni. The roof of the presbytery has a ceiling decorated with a large canvas by Bartolomeo Letterini, while the walls have canvases by Giuseppe Angeli and small canvases dedicated to the Apostles, including a Martyrdom of St. Bartholemew by a young Giambattista Tiepolo; The Martyrdom of Saint Thomas by Giambattista Pittoni,a Martyrdom of St. James the Greater by Giambattista Piazzetta; and a Liberation of St. Peter by Sebastiano Ricci . The sacristy contains a Death of Christ by Pietro della Vecchia and a Trajan orders Sant'Eustachio to pray to the idols by Giambattista Pittoni.
Santa Maria dei Carmini, also called Santa Maria del Carmelo and commonly known simply as the Carmini, is a large Roman Catholic church in the sestiere, or neighbourhood, of Dorsoduro in Venice, northern Italy. It nestles against the former Scuola Grande di Santa Maria del Carmelo, also known as the Scuola dei Carmini. This charitable confraternity was officially founded in 1597, and arose from a lay women's charitable association, the Pinzocchere dei Carmini. The members of this lay group were associated as tertiaries to the neighbouring Carmelite monastery. They were responsible for stitching the scapulars for the Carmelites.