Suchen Sie nach Museen und Gemälden

Top 100 Museen

Marienkapelle (Würzburg)

Würzburg

Deutschland

Die Marienkapelle in Würzburg ist ein gotischer Kirchenbau aus dem 14. Jahrhundert an der Nordseite des Unteren Marktes in Würzburg. Trotz ihrer Größe ist sie kirchenrechtlich eine Kapelle, da der von der Bürgerschaft errichtete Bau nicht mit pfarrkirchlichen Rechten ausgestattet wurde. Heute ist die Kapelle eine Nebenkirche der vereinigten Pfarreien Dom und Neumünster.

Manly Art Gallery and Museum

Northern Beaches Council

Australien

The Manly Art Gallery and Museum , located in Manly, New South Wales, Australia, was the first metropolitan-based regional gallery in New South Wales and holds an extensive collection of Australian ceramics and 130 works by Antonio Dattilo Rubbo. Since 1982, MAGAM has also been a museum of beach culture and the history of Manly and the Northern Beaches. The permanent collection numbers over 6,000 objects in a range of media including paintings, works on paper, ceramics and museum objects, documents and photographs.

Converse Memorial Library

Malden (Massachusetts)

Vereinigte Staaten

Die Converse Memorial Library beheimatete von 1885 bis 1996 die öffentliche Bibliothek von Malden im Bundesstaat Massachusetts der Vereinigten Staaten. Das Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts von Henry Hobson Richardson entworfene Gebäude wurde 1985 in das National Register of Historic Places eingetragen und 1987 zum National Historic Landmark ernannt. Die Bibliothek befindet sich heute in einem angrenzenden Neubau. Ebenfalls in unmittelbarer Nachbarschaft steht die Kirche First Baptist Church, die von Richardson als komplementäres Bauwerk zur Bibliothek entworfen wurde.

Malacañang-Palast

Manila

Philippinen

Der Malacañang-Palast ist die offizielle Residenz des Präsidenten der Philippinen. Der Palast liegt am nördlichen Ufer des Pasig Rivers in der Landeshauptstadt Manila. In der philippinischen Sprache wird er als Palasyo ng Malakanyang bezeichnet, wobei man jedoch vom Malacañang-Palast spricht, bezieht man sich auf den offiziellen Wohn- und Amtssitz des Präsidenten. Die Kurzform Malacañang wird wiederum verwendet, wenn man Bezug auf das Büro des philippinischen Präsidenten nimmt bzw. sie ist im täglichen Jargon oder in den Medien gebräuchlich. Der Begriff „Malacañang“ ist dabei eine Metonymie, die generell das philippinische Präsidentenamt bezeichnet oder die allgemein für die Exekutive steht. Der Malacañang-Palast ist auf der Rückseite des aktuell gültigen 20-Peso-Scheins abgebildet.

Maison de Balzac

Île-de-France

Frankreich

Das Maison de Balzac ist ein Pariser Schriftstellermuseum im 16. Arrondissement und widmet sich der Person des Honoré de Balzac , der hier lange wohnte und schrieb. Das Haus in der Rue Raynouard mit großem Garten ist der einzige Pariser Wohnsitz Balzacs, der erhalten ist. Balzac schrieb hier 1840–1847 Die menschliche Komödie. Der Besucher kann Originalausgaben, Manuskripte und Gemälde aus dem Besitz des Schriftstellers sehen, darunter eine Daguerreotypie aus dem Jahr 1842 von Louis-Auguste Bisson. Seit 1913 ist das Haus als Monument historique klassifiziert, der zugehörige Garten wurde 1944 in die Denkmalliste eingetragen.Es gibt zwei andere Schriftstellermuseen in Paris, nämlich das Maison de Victor Hugo und das Musée de la Vie romantique, das an George Sand erinnert. Die Bibliothek umfasst 23.000 Medien auch mit Bezug auf Theophile Gautier.Das Museum ist via Metrostation Passy und La Muette erreichbar. Das Haus wurde 2018/19 renoviert und ist seit Juli 2019 wieder für die Besucher geöffnet.

Kuurne

Kuurne

Belgien

Kuurne ist eine belgische Gemeinde in der Region Flandern mit 13.484 Einwohnern .

Museum für Franken

Würzburg

Deutschland

Das Museum für Franken – Staatliches Museum für Kunst- und Kulturgeschichte in Würzburg auf der Festung Marienberg in Würzburg gehört zu den großen Kunstsammlungen Bayerns. Aufgrund der ausgestellten bedeutenden Werke fränkischer und für Franken arbeitender Künstler gehört das Museum zu den deutschen Museen von internationalem Rang. In den 45 Schauräumen sind Gemälde, Skulpturen und Kunsthandwerk aus Würzburg und Mainfranken von der Frühzeit bis ins 19. Jahrhundert zu sehen. Am 1. Januar 2017 übernahm der Freistaat Bayern die Trägerschaft. Bis 2025 soll das Museum unter der Leitung von Erich Schneider in ein Landesmuseum umgewandelt werden und dabei künftig ganz Franken einschließlich der Geschichte von Würzburg im Blick haben.

Maine State Museum

Hallowell (Maine)

Vereinigte Staaten

The Maine State Museum is the official Maine government's museum and is located at 230 State Street, adjacent to the Maine State House, in Augusta. It collections focus on the state's pre-history, history, and natural science. Permanent exhibits include dioramas of Maine's animals, birds and plants in different ecosystems; gems and minerals; displays about the state's natural resources and industries, including forestry, granite, fishing, and agriculture; Clovis culture and archaeological artifacts; and settlement and state history. There is also a working three-story water-powered woodworking mill, and craftsmen's work areas. The current director of the Museum is Bernard Fishman.

Maine Historical Society

Portland (Maine)

Vereinigte Staaten

The Maine Historical Society is the official state historical society of Maine. It is located at 489 Congress Street in downtown Portland. The Society currently operates the Wadsworth-Longfellow House, a National Historic Landmark, Longfellow Garden, the Maine Historical Society Museum and Store, the Brown Research Library, as well as the Maine Memory Network, an online database of documents and images that includes resources from many of state's local historical societies.

Palácio Nacional de Mafra

Mafra (Portugal)

Portugal

Der Palácio Nacional de Mafra, zu deutsch Nationalpalast von Mafra, ist die größte Schloss- und Klosteranlage Portugals. Das Bauwerk wurde von dem schwäbischen Architekten Johann Friedrich Ludwig geplant und zwischen 1717 und 1730 in 13-jähriger Bauzeit bis zur Einweihung des Palastes unter der Regentschaft Johanns V. im Stile des Barock errichtet und schließlich im Jahr 1755 vollendet. Die Anlage ist die größte Schloss- und Klosteranlage Portugals, in der ein beträchtlicher Teil des Goldes aus der damaligen reichen Kolonie Brasilien verwendet wurde. Er befindet sich in der Gemeinde Mafra, rund 40 Kilometer nordwestlich von Lissabon. Im Juli 2019 wurde das Areal mit Palast, Basilika, Klosterkonvent, Cerco-Garten und Jagdpark von der UNESCO zum Weltkulturerbe erklärt.

Madonna di San Biagio

Unione dei comuni Valdichiana Senese

Italien

Die Kirche Madonna di San Biagio, etwa einen Kilometer südwestlich unterhalb der Stadtbefestigung von Montepulciano gelegen, zählt zu den eindrucksvollsten Zentralbauten der toskanischen Renaissance. Sie liegt auf freiem Feld am Ende einer Zypressenallee und diente als Wallfahrtskirche.

Art Gallery of Guelph

Guelph

Kanada

The Art Gallery of Guelph , formerly the Macdonald Stewart Art Centre, is a public gallery and adjoining sculpture park in Guelph, on the corner of Gordon Street and College Avenue. The AGG has a permanent collection of over 9000 works which is a focus of research, publishing, educational programs, and touring exhibitions. The AGG is a non-profit charitable organization with three sponsors: the University of Guelph, the City of Guelph, and the Upper Grand District School Board. As the principal public art gallery serving Guelph and the surrounding region, the Art Gallery of Guelph was founded as a new cultural institution to benefit the broad community. MSAC was established in 1978 through a provincial act as a non-profit charitable organization. When the gallery formally opened as a public art gallery on November 7, 1980, the University of Guelph curator, Judith Nasby, was appointed director and curator of the MSAC. Architect Raymond Moriyama renovated the historic 1904 school building to create a public art gallery meeting international standards. In 1983, the Donald Forster Sculpture Park was established on the 2.5 acre site adjacent to the building. It is the largest outdoor collection at an institution in Canada and has since grown to include 39 works, with an overall objective of 50, representing artists from across Canada. In 2016, the Art Gallery of Guelph appointed new leadership: Shauna McCabe became the gallery's Director on August 1, 2016.The AGG is housed in a 31,000 square foot building comprising seven gallery spaces on two floors. There are three open-concept galleries on the main floor, including a central clerestory gallery. The second floor boasts three uniquely configured gallery spaces, as well as a lecture room, large-scale art storage, and an art studio. The AGG undertakes contemporary exhibition programming featuring international and national artists as well as the curation of exhibitions highlighting the work of emerging to established regional artists. The Art Gallery of Guelph collection includes a large assortment of Canadian art, an expansive Inuit art collection and many other unique pieces. In 1926, the Ontario Agricultural College purchased a painting by Tom Thomson called The Drive , which marked the start of the collection and is now one of the gallery's most celebrated works. Today the permanent collection of over 9000 works features First Nations, Inuit, Canadian and international art.

Lyme Regis Museum

Lyme Regis

Vereinigtes Königreich

Lyme Regis Museum is situated in the town of Lyme Regis on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, England. It is a registered charity under English law.The museum building was commissioned in 1901 by Thomas Philpot, a relative of the fossil collector Elizabeth Philpot, hence the name. The architect of the building was George Vialls, who also designed the nearby Guildhall . It is built on the site of the birthplace and home of the fossil hunter Mary Anning. The Anning family also ran a shop here. The collections and subject areas exhibited include fossils from the surrounding area dating from the Jurassic period, geology, local maritime history, memorabilia, and writers associated with the town such as Jane Austen and John Fowles. An ornate example of Coade stone work, in the form of ammonites is set into the pavement outside the museum, reflecting both local history and the palaeontology for which Lyme Regis is well known.

Lublin Museum

Lublin

Polen

Lublin Museum is one of the oldest and largest museums in Eastern Poland, located in Lublin. It was created in 1914, and received its own building in 1923.

Lorenzo State Historic Site

Cazenovia, New York

Vereinigte Staaten

Lorenzo State Historic Site is a mansion built by Colonel John Lincklaen, founder of the village of Cazenovia, New York. Colonel Linklaen was the agent of the Holland Land Company upon whose recommendation the Company purchased the 135,000-acre tract of land where the village grew. The painted brick mansion, begun in 1807 and completed in 1809, overlooks Cazenovia Lake. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in July 1970. Located on the grounds is the separately listed Rippleton Schoolhouse.

Loggia del Bigallo

Florenz

Italien

The Loggia del Bigallo is a late Gothic building in Florence, region of Tuscany, Italy. It stands at the corner of Piazza San Giovanni and via Calzaioli; tradition holds the site near the Baptistry of Florence was donated by a benefactor.

Lodge Park and Sherborne Estate

Cotswolds

Vereinigtes Königreich

Lodge Park was built as a grandstand in the Sherborne Estate near the villages of Sherborne, Aldsworth and Northleach in Gloucestershire, England. The site is owned by the National Trust and the former grandstand is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building. It is England's only surviving 17th-century deer course and grandstand.In the 19th century Lodge Park was modified into a house, then a row of cottages, and then into a house again. It was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1982, and restored to its original form as a grandstand. Lodge Park is open to the public at advertised times, and the footpaths in the Sherborne Estate are available to the public at all times.

Guildhall and Stonebow, Lincoln

Lincoln (Lincolnshire)

Vereinigtes Königreich

The Guildhall and Stonebow, Lincoln, has been the meeting place of the Lincoln City Council from Medieval times to the present. The term Stonebow indicates a stone archway that visitors entering the city from the south, along the High Street, would have passed through. The present building was completed around 1520, but has been subject to alterations in about 1840 and in 1885–90.